So what are some of my core nutrition principles?
1. The closer it is to it’s source, the more nutritious it is. A freshly picked apple is better for you than apple sauce in a can.
2. Go for color! The orange in the carrot and purple in the beet are indicators of key nutrients. Get in as many colors as you can!
3. Nutrient density matters. Calories don’t. If you focus on getting lots of nutrients, your body won’t be hungry trying to get what it needs.
4. Fruits, Veggies, and Seeds, oh my! The more, the merrier.
5. Spice it up! Your taste buds, digestion, and body will thank you. Spices connect us to yummy memories, are nutrient powerhouses, and taste so delicious!
6. If it’s made in a factory, be wary. Corporations are in the business of making money as cheaply as possible – often at your body’s expense.